my phone won't connect to wifi anymore anywhere I go and I don't know why?

anywhere I try to connect to wifi i.e work, home, café, personal hotspot, my phone will not connect to any them. I have reset my network, shut down and restarted my phone, I have taken off my case. other devices are able to connect while mine is not able to. I have a MacBook and both my phone and MacBook use a vpn, I am wondering is their a connection to the vpn causing problems for my phones wifi connection

iPhone X

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 11:35 AM

I would think the VPN or firewall or your wifi antenna is bad. The VPN is probably the culprit. The quickest way to check is to turn off the VPN and see if it resolves.

another thing to dig into could be the security on the wifi connection. I had a friend with an older router and her iphone didn't want to connect to it since it's security only went so 'high' (it's best was a lower level of security)

just a stab in the dark for that part.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2023 11:35 AM in response to robc96

I would think the VPN or firewall or your wifi antenna is bad. The VPN is probably the culprit. The quickest way to check is to turn off the VPN and see if it resolves.

another thing to dig into could be the security on the wifi connection. I had a friend with an older router and her iphone didn't want to connect to it since it's security only went so 'high' (it's best was a lower level of security)

just a stab in the dark for that part.

my phone won't connect to wifi anymore anywhere I go and I don't know why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.