Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Renting movies

why can I not rent out a movie on my AppleTV app on my Samsung Smart TV. but I can on my IPad?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 9:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 9:46 PM

Does your smart TV have the Apple TV app or the Apple TV+ app? The first has a Store and a Library, and the latter does not. This is explained more in: Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV or streaming device - Apple Support

Which one is available to you, depends on the exact model TV and introduction year, as agreed upon between the manufacturer (Samsung) and the app supplier (Apple).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2023 9:46 PM in response to Laogerming

Does your smart TV have the Apple TV app or the Apple TV+ app? The first has a Store and a Library, and the latter does not. This is explained more in: Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV or streaming device - Apple Support

Which one is available to you, depends on the exact model TV and introduction year, as agreed upon between the manufacturer (Samsung) and the app supplier (Apple).

Renting movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.