Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

The new photos I take with my iPhone don't appear in my photos on my Mac book, they don't synchronise anymore and I don't know why. I think something happened with the last update or the one before.

Everything is working just fine, the only trouble I have is the new photos not showing in my photo on my Mac book air.

I tried sending them via airdrop and they seem to go somewhere on my Mac because airdrop is telling (photo sent) but I have no idea where they've been sent.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 8:58 AM

If you used My Photo Stream to get the photos from your iPhone to your Mac's Photos library that feature was discontinued yesterday.

To automatically sync your iPhone to your Mac's Photos library you will now need to use iCloud Library which will entail purchasing enough iCloud space to house your library.

If you don't want to use iCloud then you can manually connect the iPhone to your Mac with its USB cable and let Photos import the new photos into your Mac's library.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2023 8:58 AM in response to rejean149

If you used My Photo Stream to get the photos from your iPhone to your Mac's Photos library that feature was discontinued yesterday.

To automatically sync your iPhone to your Mac's Photos library you will now need to use iCloud Library which will entail purchasing enough iCloud space to house your library.

If you don't want to use iCloud then you can manually connect the iPhone to your Mac with its USB cable and let Photos import the new photos into your Mac's library.

The new photos I take with my iPhone don't appear in my photos on my Mac book, they don't synchronise anymore and I don't know why. I think something happened with the last update or the one before.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.