Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

How do I unpair my Apple Watch from an old phone and pair it with a new phone?

I switched carriers last night and have a new phone so I need to unpaired my watch from the old phone and pair it with my new phone. The information I found online told me to go to my watch on the iPhone and do it that way, but it’s not allowing me to.

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 9

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 9:04 AM

Unpair then pair, as in the article below

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

How to pair your Apple Watch with a new iPhone - Apple Support

If you are having problems doing something then we can better advise you if we know more about the actual problem than simply something is not allowing you to do it. In what way is it not allowing you to do it? If there are error messages, we need to know them.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2023 9:04 AM in response to SUPPORTTHECAUSE

Unpair then pair, as in the article below

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

How to pair your Apple Watch with a new iPhone - Apple Support

If you are having problems doing something then we can better advise you if we know more about the actual problem than simply something is not allowing you to do it. In what way is it not allowing you to do it? If there are error messages, we need to know them.

How do I unpair my Apple Watch from an old phone and pair it with a new phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.