Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Emptying bin (trash) is stuck forever MAC update Ventura 13.5 did not fix the problem

Emptying bin (trash) is stuck on Ventura 13.5 as well - the trash is hanging. Not sure why it takes too long to fix this bug!

TechSupport suggested to run Disc Utility - I ran it and it did not help to resume empty trash still hanging and spinning forever!

I hope empty trash will be fixed soon! Good lucj with P0 bug fix

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 11:17 AM

I ran several times Disc Utility

Where is Apple Quality this is a P0 bug - please escalate to fix it

Similar questions

6 replies

Jul 27, 2023 12:47 PM in response to elemberg

You are welcome. I'm too old to go back to work (I'm 85.) It's normal for many computer software companies to have sites like this. They are then backed up by the company's own support services which do have employees. Some are more proficient than others, just as we are. There are a number of people here that know far more than I do. The difference is that what we know is based on our experiences which we have learned from. I continue to learn from other postings on this site.

Jul 27, 2023 9:06 AM in response to elemberg

elemberg wrote:

Emptying bin (trash) is stuck on Ventura 13.5 as well - the trash is hanging. Not sure why it takes too long to fix this bug!
TechSupport suggested to run Disc Utility - I ran it and it did not help to resume empty trash still hanging and spinning forever!
I hope empty trash will be fixed soon! Good lucj with P0 bug fix

http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/trash.html see the "Empty and recreate an account's Trash"

Jul 27, 2023 11:53 AM in response to elemberg

We cannot escalate. This is a forum staffed by volunteer Apple users like you. Have you tried restarting the computer in the Safe Mode? (Hold down the Shift key on restart.) That allows the operating system to repair itself and cleans its caches. Then start normally. If the problem persists, then I would reinstall the new OS. It likely got corrupted during the download if it was done via Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi is just too slo for these very large files and corruption will often occur. This is not a problem that is due to some error on Apple's part.

Emptying bin (trash) is stuck forever MAC update Ventura 13.5 did not fix the problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.