Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emptying bin (trash) is stuck on Ventura 13.0.1

I have updated to Ventura 13.0.1 on my MacBook Pro which has a 2.3 GHz Dual-core intel core i5 with 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 memory. I'm putting these info here in case it is of use and relevant to my question.

Since updating to Ventura 13.0.1 about 2 weeks ago, I've had no problems other than emptying the bin takes forever and can only be stopped by a shutdown of the laptop.

Does anyone else have this problem and any suggestions to resolve this? Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 4:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 3:26 AM

Yasmin Ooi wrote:

I have updated to Ventura 13.0.1 on my MacBook Pro which has a 2.3 GHz Dual-core intel core i5 with 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 memory. I'm putting these info here in case it is of use and relevant to my question.

Since updating to Ventura 13.0.1 about 2 weeks ago, I've had no problems other than emptying the bin takes forever and can only be stopped by a shutdown of the laptop.

Does anyone else have this problem and any suggestions to resolve this? Thanks in advance.

What is in the trash...is there a pattern.

is it all the time with every file?

Are these files originating from your internal SSD or originating from an external storage?

—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

no insight or resolve:

Boot into Internet Recovery (Option Command R) and from the dropdown menu: Utilities>  Disk Utility> run the First Aid on your Macintosh HD (and the "Macintosh HD-Data" volume as well if Catalina/Big Sur/Monterey/Ventura) If errors are found and repaired, run again until no errors reported.

Disk Utility>View>Show All Devices The best sequence is —

Volume level

Container level

Parent drive

How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility

How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2022 3:26 AM in response to Yasmin Ooi

Yasmin Ooi wrote:

What is in the trash...is there a pattern.

is it all the time with every file?

Are these files originating from your internal SSD or originating from an external storage?

—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

no insight or resolve:

Boot into Internet Recovery (Option Command R) and from the dropdown menu: Utilities>  Disk Utility> run the First Aid on your Macintosh HD (and the "Macintosh HD-Data" volume as well if Catalina/Big Sur/Monterey/Ventura) If errors are found and repaired, run again until no errors reported.

Disk Utility>View>Show All Devices The best sequence is —

Volume level

Container level

Parent drive

How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility

How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility - Apple Support

Emptying bin (trash) is stuck on Ventura 13.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.