Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't empty the bin in Ventura 13.2.1

If I CTYRL-Click on the bin and select "Empty Bin" the empty bin window pops up and won't go away. I have to "Force Quit" the finder or re-boot the machine.

Anyone else got this problem or a fix? It is only affecting this new Mac mini M1 2020, machines running older OS versions are not affected.

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 11:42 AM

Paul Reading2 wrote:

If I CTYRL-Click on the bin and select "Empty Bin" the empty bin window pops up and won't go away. I have to "Force Quit" the finder or re-boot the machine.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/5b5f002c-6350-460d-94e7-f35e9c40dae5

Anyone else got this problem or a fix? It is only affecting this new Mac mini M1 2020, machines running older OS versions are not affected.

What about from Finder>Empty Trash (hold the Option key) before you click.

if no resolve maybe you can say where did these files came from... if an external drive, plug that drive back in.

A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2023 11:42 AM in response to Paul Reading2

Paul Reading2 wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/5b5f002c-6350-460d-94e7-f35e9c40dae5

What about from Finder>Empty Trash (hold the Option key) before you click.

if no resolve maybe you can say where did these files came from... if an external drive, plug that drive back in.

A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

I can't empty the bin in Ventura 13.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.