AirPlay Password

AirPlay Password keeps popping up on my TV. How do I prevent this from happening? It is happening even when I'm not using AppleTV.

Amazon

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 10:05 AM

AirPlay pairing passcodes (4 digits) may appear on screen when someone tries to stream to your AirPlay receiving device (Apple TV box, select smart TVs, or Roku). While they can’t stream if they can’t see the code, your use is interrupted.

1. If you never use AirPlay, then you can turn off AirPlay in Settings.
  2. Verify that AirPlay is only allowed for users on your own home network. This can be configured in AirPlay Settings. Else your neighbors might (accidentally) try to stream to your device.
  3. If you set the device to require a password (instead of a 4 digit code), then no code is displayed on screen. AirPlay would only commence after the other user has entered the correct password (which can be looked up in Settings on your device, if needed). Your use would not be interrupted for failed attempts.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2023 10:05 AM in response to erinjean75

AirPlay pairing passcodes (4 digits) may appear on screen when someone tries to stream to your AirPlay receiving device (Apple TV box, select smart TVs, or Roku). While they can’t stream if they can’t see the code, your use is interrupted.

1. If you never use AirPlay, then you can turn off AirPlay in Settings.
  2. Verify that AirPlay is only allowed for users on your own home network. This can be configured in AirPlay Settings. Else your neighbors might (accidentally) try to stream to your device.
  3. If you set the device to require a password (instead of a 4 digit code), then no code is displayed on screen. AirPlay would only commence after the other user has entered the correct password (which can be looked up in Settings on your device, if needed). Your use would not be interrupted for failed attempts.

AirPlay Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.