I can’t open the Photos app

My phone has a problem on the photos app , now I can’t open the photos app and all my photos and videos didn’t show up , please fix my problem I’m very bored it

Just fix my photos app problem please

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 4:50 PM

There are many ways of preserving photos and videos. Did you do any of these?

• emailed, texted or messaged the photos to friends or family
  • iCloud photo sync
  • Manual iCloud backup
  • Automatic nightly iCloud backup
  • iTunes backup
  • Transfer your photos to your computer via USB cable
  • Sync to Google Photos
  • Sync to some other photo archiving service such as Shutterfly
  • Sync to Dropbox
  • Sync to box.com
  • Sync to Microsoft OneDrive
  • Sync to Amazon Photos
  • back up to Livedrive
  • Backup to any other backup or archiving service
  • Transfer them to a Flash drive through the lightning port on your iPhone, using a product such as SanDisk 64 GB iXpand Flash Drive Go - Apple

A final option is if you synced your photos to iCloud, you have a Mac, and you use Time Machine to back up your Mac automatically, you can open Time Machine and restore the photo library to an earlier date. To do this on your Mac open Finder, then click on Pictures in the sidebar and launch Time Machine. Go to a time before the photos were deleted and restore

Photos Library.photoslibrary. (If you had ever changed the name of the photo library restore that file instead).

If the answer is no to all of the above your photos are gone forever.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2023 4:50 PM in response to ahma4

There are many ways of preserving photos and videos. Did you do any of these?

• emailed, texted or messaged the photos to friends or family
  • iCloud photo sync
  • Manual iCloud backup
  • Automatic nightly iCloud backup
  • iTunes backup
  • Transfer your photos to your computer via USB cable
  • Sync to Google Photos
  • Sync to some other photo archiving service such as Shutterfly
  • Sync to Dropbox
  • Sync to box.com
  • Sync to Microsoft OneDrive
  • Sync to Amazon Photos
  • back up to Livedrive
  • Backup to any other backup or archiving service
  • Transfer them to a Flash drive through the lightning port on your iPhone, using a product such as SanDisk 64 GB iXpand Flash Drive Go - Apple

A final option is if you synced your photos to iCloud, you have a Mac, and you use Time Machine to back up your Mac automatically, you can open Time Machine and restore the photo library to an earlier date. To do this on your Mac open Finder, then click on Pictures in the sidebar and launch Time Machine. Go to a time before the photos were deleted and restore

Photos Library.photoslibrary. (If you had ever changed the name of the photo library restore that file instead).

If the answer is no to all of the above your photos are gone forever.

Jul 28, 2023 7:21 AM in response to ahma4

“Hardware” is the circuit board, the microcircuits on the circuit board, the resistors, capacitors, inductors, connections, wires, antennas, battery, screen, camera, etc. There are over 1,000 parts inside an iPhone, and one or more of them may have failed. The phone can only be repaired by a qualified technician if there is a hardware failure.

Have you tried force restarting the phone?

• Press and quickly release VOLUME UP

then

• Press and quickly release VOLUME DOWN

then

• Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears (15-30 seconds), ignoring "slide to power off" if it appears

The operative word here is QUICKLY; and try it a couple of times, the timing is a little tricky.

I can’t open the Photos app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.