Why can't they have another payment method like checking instead of credits/debt?

I tend to forget to change my debit every times I get new card so I like to have checking for payment method that go faster that way cuz that way it will not change at all like any of credits/debits cards! That how I got email informed me that my debits need updated! So I did and nearly couldn't figure out how but finally got figured.. too much problems for I am an elder! So best to have add new payment method for checking! Know I mean? Thanks!

Oh and below my message asked me about Apple card that I had choose as I am not sure what does that mean but I used Apple store, is that one?

iMac, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 1:29 PM

Whatever works best for you, but ACH transfers from a checking/savings account are slow. You also need to be a bank to receive an ACH transfer. Apple is not a bank. Credit and debit cards are verified instantly. It’s really the only viable option for a merchant.

4 replies

Jul 28, 2023 3:01 PM in response to Jeff Donald

Thanks for respond so quickly lol! Yea true that a checking/savings can be slow alright but for elders sometimes hard to keep up to remember to change the update for credit/debit cards so you might want to think about that cuz of too many of us have tend to forget so easily. I had to write down to remind me cuz I couldn't remember there was one more thing that I need to change the update till you sent me an email warning me about it! Thank you for that! But I will try to keep up if I can help it! But at least email me would help me to remind me, tho! BTW, I laughed to what you said about "Apple is not a bank." Well most of others are also accept my checking but never thought of them as a bank like you said. That is kind of funny! Anyway, I can understand about credit and debit cards with verified cuz of online, right? Thanks!

Jul 28, 2023 3:09 PM in response to AngelWolf

AngelWolf wrote:

I tend to forget to change my debit every times I get new card so I like to have checking for payment method that go faster that way cuz that way it will not change at all like any of credits/debits cards! That how I got email informed me that my debits need updated! So I did and nearly couldn't figure out how but finally got figured.. too much problems for I am an elder! So best to have add new payment method for checking! Know I mean? Thanks!

Oh and below my message asked me about Apple card that I had choose as I am not sure what does that mean but I used Apple store, is that one?

You can get that now.

Apple Card is the Apple credit card, is integrated with all Apple services, and account payments are tied directly to your bank account.

Which means you can set up an Apple Card as your payment for purchases of Apple products and services, and the monthly payments come directly from your bank account.

And the Apple Card expiration dates update automatically.

So long as there is sufficient balance available in your designated payment account, it will all run on automatic.

The US is one of the few vestiges of paper checks in the world, and Apple is not headed in that direction.

Why can't they have another payment method like checking instead of credits/debt?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.