Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

text messages no longer appearing on MacBook.

My message no longer appear on my MacBook. The last message to appear was two months ago.

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2023 10:29 PM

MacBooks are not cellular so they can't receive text messages directly. However, you can setup text message forwarding from your iPhone to your MacBook. Have you checked this on your iPhone? Maybe it got turned off somehow?

Please review this article on how to setup text message forwarding: Forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your Mac or iPad - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2023 10:29 PM in response to margotbrinn

MacBooks are not cellular so they can't receive text messages directly. However, you can setup text message forwarding from your iPhone to your MacBook. Have you checked this on your iPhone? Maybe it got turned off somehow?

Please review this article on how to setup text message forwarding: Forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your Mac or iPad - Apple Support

Jul 29, 2023 10:24 PM in response to margotbrinn

margotbrinn Said:

"text messages no longer appearing on MacBook.: My message no longer appear on my MacBook. The last message to appear was two months ago."

-------

Set Up Messages:

A. Sync through iCloud:

If you were to sync Messages with your Mac, they’ll stay on the Messages app your Mac until they are deleted. On the the iPhone and the Mac, enable Messages in iCloud.

On both Devices:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Select: Show All... button
  5. Tap: Messages (so that it is green)

For note...

B. Keep a Clean Record of your Messages:

Use my User Tip: How to Save or Print a Complete iPhone Messages Thread - User Tip

text messages no longer appearing on MacBook.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.