You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update Olympus camera firmware

I´m trying to contact my Olympus camera for updating firmware. I´m running Ventura 13.5 on Macbook Pro 16".

I can´t find the developer: "Allow next to System software from developer "OM Digital Solutions Corpration" was blocked from loading."

I have done this earlier in Ventura 13.4 but now the developer has been blocked again and I can´t find anything from "OM Digital Solutions Corpration" After upgrade to 13.5.

Bug in Ventura 13.5?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Jul 29, 2023 10:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2023 3:29 AM

I connected my smartphone to my home Wi-fi. Downloaded the file. And followed the instructions bellow.

The whole message from support is:

"For the update through the mobile app, follow the step-by-step bellow and consult the images attached to this email.

- Install the App "OM Image Share" 

On you App start by doing the "Easy Setup" connection with the camera by pressing the button at the bottom, under "Add Geotag" ( consult "Image 1" and "Image 2" and the video in this link https://app.olympus-imaging.com/oishare/en/ )

- After the camera is connected, press the cogwheel on the top right corner to open "Settings";

- On this Settings Menu, press the second option, "Camera Management", after which you should press the "Update Firmware" option.

Note that this process will take a while."

12 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 2, 2023 3:29 AM in response to Rev. Heng Sure

I connected my smartphone to my home Wi-fi. Downloaded the file. And followed the instructions bellow.

The whole message from support is:

"For the update through the mobile app, follow the step-by-step bellow and consult the images attached to this email.

- Install the App "OM Image Share" 

On you App start by doing the "Easy Setup" connection with the camera by pressing the button at the bottom, under "Add Geotag" ( consult "Image 1" and "Image 2" and the video in this link https://app.olympus-imaging.com/oishare/en/ )

- After the camera is connected, press the cogwheel on the top right corner to open "Settings";

- On this Settings Menu, press the second option, "Camera Management", after which you should press the "Update Firmware" option.

Note that this process will take a while."

Jul 29, 2023 2:25 PM in response to Terje-Roar

If Olympus is not signing their firmware updater, then each time you download and install a different version, Apple's Gatekeeper is going to block that software. If you have a dialog with Cancel, then click that and then immediately visit System Settings : Privacy & Security and under the Security section you should see an override to allow that Olympus application. Once you do that, you can right-click on that software, select just Open, and let GateKeeper verifity it. Then use that software to apply your camera firmware.

Nov 1, 2023 11:21 AM in response to Rev. Heng Sure

No. I got a suggestion from OM-System to use the app OI:Share:

"Using the mobile app "OM Image Share" you can update some devices ( OM-1/E-M1 Mark III or O-M5 and lens) using your smartphone without going through all the changes in your MacBook Pro settings.

It is a simple and faster way to get the same result."

It worked out but it was a bit problematic.

Now I got a new problem: After upgrading to Sonoma 14.1 OM-Workspace won't respond :(

https://support.jp.omsystem.com/en/support/imsg/digicamera/qa/contents/m1mac/m1mac_b.html

Nov 1, 2023 2:10 PM in response to Terje-Roar

I went through the various steps and got the same "blocked" response. I did a thorough uninstall of OM Workspace and then downloaded the newest version from OM Systems. Same result. I will try the OM Image Share firmware update. Hope it works. Fujifilm updates its cameras software independent of computer operating systems and their frequent updates. Maybe OM Systems needs to change its paradigm?

Nov 1, 2023 2:33 PM in response to Terje-Roar

Hi. I just tried the OI.share app method. After connecting it warned me that the download was 229MB and it recommended that I download the update bundle via wifi. Did you do that and if so, how? I don't want to wait for 229MB to download into my phone, do I? Where outside of the app can one download the update bundle and then transfer it to the app to install? What am I missing here?

Can't update Olympus camera firmware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.