Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Apple TV 4K remote won’t charge. How do I fix this? It’s only 6 months old. This is the first charge.

Apple TV 4K remote won’t charge. How do I fix this? It’s only 6 months old. This is the first charge.

Apple TV 4K (2nd generation)

Posted on Jul 29, 2023 1:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2023 2:34 PM

How come you think it isn’t charging? There are no indicators on the remote itself to show that it is charging.

Did you charge as advised?

• to a power adapter in an AC socket,
  • or directly to a USB port on a computer.

Charge the Siri Remote - Apple Support

10 replies

Apr 19, 2024 4:37 PM in response to Nerdugo

If the remote, dare I say it, even remotely functions, you should be able to do a factory reset on it.

Siri Remotes get confused on occassion and need to be factory reset before being re-paired to your ATV4K. Sometimes it's rapid battery drain due to some other random action - we see people reporting the remote is constantly raising volume, or even turning off the ATV4K :-).

I suggest you jump straight to the last procedure in this Apple support doc: If your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote isn't working - Apple Support. I've needed to do this once or twice since I got my ATV4K 2.5 years ago.

Apr 20, 2024 9:56 AM in response to Nerdugo

… "Contact Apple Support" isn't really helpful to anyone.

I think it is though. Some rare units could be defective with no user fault, and under warranty or under AppleCare+. Then the Apple Support staff can help you get a replacement for less than new price, or sometimes for free.

Additionally, the Apple Support staff has a bigger database of issues with solutions than any one of us. When all the good advice from others has been tried and applied, then they are the go-to experts for a next step.

Battery service for your Apple TV remote - Apple Support

Apr 20, 2024 11:28 AM in response to Urquhart1244

I posted in the Community, looking for Community ideas. If I wanted to reach out to Apple Support, I would have done that. Your unhelpful posts are unwanted in here, please find a n00b to annoy. I'm looking for actual ideas to try. You do realize that "Community" is one of the Support methods, yeah?

Official Apple Support Community

Going around telling people to contact Support is obnoxious.

Apr 20, 2024 2:56 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Because when I plug it into any USB, whether it be a computer, or plugged into the wall and wait for a couple of days, then I try to use it... On my Apple TV, it says the battery is 0%. You can see on your AppleTV the charge %. This is how I determine, it's not charging. Do you have a solution, or did you just want to throw out basic troubleshooting that any novice could have figured out?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.