without data losing and without erase the iPhone can be reset IPhone Lock Screen password if forgot the password

When I change my iPhone Lock Screen password

After few hours i forgot my IPhone Lock Screen password, so now I how I can change my password without losing my data and without erase my iPhone and I am not sure my backup was up to date or no please help me

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 29, 2023 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2023 5:33 PM

masum198 Said:

"When I change my iPhone Lock Screen password: After few hours i forgot my IPhone Lock Screen password, so now I how I can change my password without losing my data and without erase my iPhone and I am not sure my backup was up to date or no please help me"

-------

About Unlocking an iPhone:

Go here: If you Forgot your iPhone Passcode - Apple Support. Unfortunately, when reset, all data will be erased. So, take this as a learning experience, knowing to always back up your iPhone, every-so-often. That way, you can have something to restore your iPhone from in a case such as this.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2023 5:33 PM in response to masum198

masum198 Said:

"When I change my iPhone Lock Screen password: After few hours i forgot my IPhone Lock Screen password, so now I how I can change my password without losing my data and without erase my iPhone and I am not sure my backup was up to date or no please help me"

-------

About Unlocking an iPhone:

Go here: If you Forgot your iPhone Passcode - Apple Support. Unfortunately, when reset, all data will be erased. So, take this as a learning experience, knowing to always back up your iPhone, every-so-often. That way, you can have something to restore your iPhone from in a case such as this.

Jul 30, 2023 8:15 AM in response to masum198

masum198 Said:

"When I change my iPhone Lock Screen password: This not helpful very bad option of apple iPhone. You Should be do something rest options iphone screen lock if forgot by email or Apple ID or by number verification, not helpful, I hate it Apple now , no use iPhone use’s if I lost my data, not very one like backup data,

———-

Sorry to hear that.

Recommend this to Apple:

Do your Part: Inform Apple of how you think this should be different. Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what fixes to include in updates to come. I don’t work for Apple. These are just user-to-user forums; Apple will know nothing of your opinions, if you don’t inform them of this. Apple barely reads their forums as it is on their own time and will.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on hot your think things should be different and why. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Jul 30, 2023 8:21 AM in response to masum198

masum198 wrote:

This not helpful very bad option of apple iPhone. You Should be do something rest options iphone screen lock if forgot by email or Apple ID or by number verification
, not helpful, I hate it Apple now , no use iPhone use’s if I lost my data, not very one like backup data,

We can't do anything about this. We are NOT Apple on this user to user only forum. TheLittles gave you the ONLY advice that will work for you. This is designed to work this way on purpose. If it was easy to change a forgotten passcode, how secure would your iPhone be, if it fell into the hands of someone else? Not secure at all.

Whether you like what you must do or not, you must do it. And there is no alternative. You MUST follow the directions TheLittles provided.

Ps: Do yourself a favor and after you've erased your iPhone and set it up again, write down the passcode you choose somewhere safe for easy recall, so you can avoid having to go through this again in the future.

Jul 30, 2023 8:21 AM in response to masum198

If you forget the passcode there is no way to reset it without erasing the phone. This is a very important security feature, as it prevents a thief (or a government agency) from resetting your passcode. The ONLY place the passcode is stored is in the Secure Enclave in the processor chip on your phone. Apple doesn’t know what it is. The NSA, CIA or FBI doesn’t know what it is (and can’t find out).

As the passcode cannot be recovered, Apple gives you multiple ways to back up and save content so it can be restored in the event you have to reset your passcode; some of them are even automatic and happen in real time or daily when you do a one time setup. However, it is your responsibility to use the tools Apple gives you; Apple isn’t going to force you to use them.

without data losing and without erase the iPhone can be reset IPhone Lock Screen password if forgot the password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.