I can't connect my magic mouse 2 which is working (I tested it)

Hi, I can't connect my magic mouse 2 which is working (I tested it on a diff computer) but, my iMac (retina 5k 27 inch 2017) is not recognising it. Mac OS Ventura 13.5 (recently installed, may be the reason).

Tried turning on-off the app, on-off the computer, I sometimes (not always) can connect it BUT IT DOESNT MOVE AT ALL.

If you have any solution, best, Elizabeth L.

Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017

3,8 GHz Intel Core i5

Radeon Pro 580 8 Go

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Jul 30, 2023 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2023 7:41 AM

Pair your Mac with a Bluetooth device

Bluetooth wireless devices are associated with your computer through a process called pairing. After you pair a device, your Mac automatically connects to it anytime it's in range.

If your Mac came with a wireless keyboard, mouse, or trackpad, they were pre-paired at the factory. Turn on the devices and your Mac should automatically connect to them when your computer starts up.

If you purchased your Apple wireless devices separately, learn how to pair them with your Mac.

After you pair a Bluetooth device with your Mac, you should see it listed in Bluetooth preferences:

Remove a Bluetooth device from your Mac

If you want to remove (unpair) a Bluetooth device from your Mac's device list, follow these steps:

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth.
  2. Hover the pointer over the device you want to remove, then click the button  that appears next to the device's name.

After you remove a Bluetooth device, you'll have to repeat the pairing process if you want to use it again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2023 7:41 AM in response to Lizzara

Pair your Mac with a Bluetooth device

Bluetooth wireless devices are associated with your computer through a process called pairing. After you pair a device, your Mac automatically connects to it anytime it's in range.

If your Mac came with a wireless keyboard, mouse, or trackpad, they were pre-paired at the factory. Turn on the devices and your Mac should automatically connect to them when your computer starts up.

If you purchased your Apple wireless devices separately, learn how to pair them with your Mac.

After you pair a Bluetooth device with your Mac, you should see it listed in Bluetooth preferences:

Remove a Bluetooth device from your Mac

If you want to remove (unpair) a Bluetooth device from your Mac's device list, follow these steps:

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth.
  2. Hover the pointer over the device you want to remove, then click the button  that appears next to the device's name.

After you remove a Bluetooth device, you'll have to repeat the pairing process if you want to use it again.

Jul 30, 2023 9:13 AM in response to Lizzara

Lizzara wrote:

Hi, I can't connect my magic mouse 2 which is working (I tested it on a diff computer) but, my iMac (retina 5k 27 inch 2017) is not recognising it. Mac OS Ventura 13.5 (recently installed, may be the reason).
Tried turning on-off the app, on-off the computer, I sometimes (not always) can connect it BUT IT DOESNT MOVE AT ALL.
If you have any solution, best, Elizabeth L.
Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017
3,8 GHz Intel Core i5
Radeon Pro 580 8 Go

Follow P. Phillips's instructions to "unpair" with the other computer. Then connect the mouse to your iMac with its charging cable. Let it stay connected for several minutes. Then try to connect it again via bluetooth.

I can't connect my magic mouse 2 which is working (I tested it)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.