Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

iPad Air 5th gen

Hello, so I’ve seen a problem on my iPad Air 5th gen and I’ve noticed that only the the top left and bottom left speakers provide loud sound while the top right and bottom right are not as loud. I’m concerned that those side of speakers might not work is that the case?

iPad Air

Posted on Jul 30, 2023 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 6:38 AM

Your iPad Air is likely working as intended…

Don’t be fooled by your iPad Air seemingly having four speaker grilles. Your iPad Air has only two speakers - not four as found in models of iPad Pro.

Recent models of iPad Air (i.e., iPad Air4 and Air5) have one speaker at top and bottom - such that what viewed in Landscape orientation, you will have a left/right stereo pair.

You can verify and compare iPad specifications here:

https://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/?modelList=ipad-pro-12-9-6th-gen,ipad-air-5th-gen,ipad-air-4th-gen

As a point of interest, older models of iPad Air had two speakers on the bottom edge of the iPad - one placed either side of the Lightning port. For these models, with the iPad positioned in Landscape orientation, both speakers where to one side of the screen.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2023 6:38 AM in response to marely228

Your iPad Air is likely working as intended…

Don’t be fooled by your iPad Air seemingly having four speaker grilles. Your iPad Air has only two speakers - not four as found in models of iPad Pro.

Recent models of iPad Air (i.e., iPad Air4 and Air5) have one speaker at top and bottom - such that what viewed in Landscape orientation, you will have a left/right stereo pair.

You can verify and compare iPad specifications here:

https://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/?modelList=ipad-pro-12-9-6th-gen,ipad-air-5th-gen,ipad-air-4th-gen

As a point of interest, older models of iPad Air had two speakers on the bottom edge of the iPad - one placed either side of the Lightning port. For these models, with the iPad positioned in Landscape orientation, both speakers where to one side of the screen.

iPad Air 5th gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.