Am I able to locate my iPhone if it’s turned off?

How long i can track my device after switched off ?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 30, 2023 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2024 11:49 AM

If the phone is powered off, the "Last Known Location" at that time will display for about a day.

After that the status of the phone will appear as "Offline".

The phone can also be "Offline" for several reasons:

• The battery has run down
  • The phone has been powered off
  • The phone does not have an Internet connection where it is currently located

In addition, iPhone thieves are very fond of placing the phone into a special type of bag that will not allow the phone to send or receive a signal.....even if everything else on the phone is working.

About all that you can do is check a few times each day to see if the status of the phone has changed.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2024 11:49 AM in response to hitman130

If the phone is powered off, the "Last Known Location" at that time will display for about a day.

After that the status of the phone will appear as "Offline".

The phone can also be "Offline" for several reasons:

• The phone has been powered off
  • The phone does not have an Internet connection where it is currently located

In addition, iPhone thieves are very fond of placing the phone into a special type of bag that will not allow the phone to send or receive a signal.....even if everything else on the phone is working.

About all that you can do is check a few times each day to see if the status of the phone has changed.

Jul 30, 2023 3:15 PM in response to hitman130

There are reasons why you can't track the phone.

• The phone does not have an Internet connection where it is located
  • The thief has put the phone in a special bag that will not allow the phone to send or receive any signals

If it has been a few days and you haven't seen the phone.......I'm sorry but you need to be realistic. The phone is gone.

Am I able to locate my iPhone if it’s turned off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.