Restrict app to specific data plan

Imagine an Apple device that has public 5G, private corporate LTE, and WiFi enabled.

I don’t think you can, but how could I restrict a specific app to use the data plan provided by the private LTE SIM? I know you can turn off WiFi and set the private LTE SIM as the primary data plan, but I would like to ability to set this on the app level, and not for the whole device.

This one if for you Apple devs.

Thanks

Jesse

Posted on Jul 30, 2023 6:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 4:08 AM

This is more likely a question for your IT Administration Team that centrally manage your corporate devices.

Assuming that your iPad (and other corporately owned Apple devices) are centrally managed, routing policies can be applied, using MDM, that direct network traffic for specific Apps to one or more defined network interfaces. This level of control is not exposed at the User Interface (UI) level.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2023 4:08 AM in response to jhindmarsh

This is more likely a question for your IT Administration Team that centrally manage your corporate devices.

Assuming that your iPad (and other corporately owned Apple devices) are centrally managed, routing policies can be applied, using MDM, that direct network traffic for specific Apps to one or more defined network interfaces. This level of control is not exposed at the User Interface (UI) level.

Restrict app to specific data plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.