I have organised my photo into album but I cannot access my albums through Adobe photoshop , Primier etc

I can only access all photos library (through media ) which are all mess. How do I go about it. I am lost. Thank you

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on Jul 30, 2023 11:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 1:22 AM

Use the Photos.app to find and access your Photos.

In Photos select the photo you want to edit with Adobe Photoshop, then use the command "image > Edit with ...". This will display a list of external editors. If your Photoshop version does not appear in this list, use the option "Other" at the bottom of the "Edit with .." menu and select Photoshop from the Applications folder.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2023 1:22 AM in response to malgorzata151

In Photos select the photo you want to edit with Adobe Photoshop, then use the command "image > Edit with ...". This will display a list of external editors. If your Photoshop version does not appear in this list, use the option "Other" at the bottom of the "Edit with .." menu and select Photoshop from the Applications folder.

Jul 31, 2023 9:27 AM in response to léonie

léonie wrote:

Aug 2, 2023 1:36 AM in response to Old Toad

I want to import into Adobe programs: Premiere Pro, after effect, Photoshop. I can only access photos but I cannot see my albums I have created. I have 1000 of photos in my photos I have created albums but I cannot see this albums when I access them through Premier pro for example. I am just trying to optimising best way to organising them. I have started to created folders with photos in documents, as I can access documents. However this mean I have duplicates of photos (in Photo app and documents) which takes up my storage. Therefore I am trying to find best way to find photos for importing into Adobe programs without searching thousand of photos in all photos.

Thank you

Aug 2, 2023 10:51 AM in response to malgorzata151

If you are using your photos mainly in Adobe applications, why not use Adobe Lightroom to organize them?

Create a catalogue in Lightroom to file your photos instead of a Photos Library.

Currently only applications that have been updated to be able to show the albums in Photos 8 on Ventura can show you the albums, when you open the Photos Library from this app. I can see the albums, when I am looking for photos in Mail or iMovie, in Keynote and Pages, but not in Safari or Preview. For apps, that cannot show the albums, I have to call the app from Photos with "Edit with".

I have organised my photo into album but I cannot access my albums through Adobe photoshop , Primier etc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.