WIFI AND BLUTOOTH GRAY OUT

iPhone 12 wifi and Bluetooth are grey out , i have tried every thing , reset 3 times even restore it via iTunes , but nothing worked still wifi grey out , i turn airplane mode of and on , privacy turned on , everything i have tried and still gray out

help, please

when i restored the iPhone and restart it, there no option for wifi just connect to Windows or mac via usb

strange

any help please

Windows

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2023 2:24 AM

Model - IPhone 12 mini

Purchased - Oct 2021

I got this issue After updating to my device from 16.1 to 16.4 on March 2023

Many People reported the same issue in this community itself I will add the screenshots and link.

But Apple is always blaming the users and asking the users to replace the device

They don't have an option to find the root cause of the issue. I too haven't got any proper answer the apple support as well. My phone is free from physical damage and water lock and also I'm using the apple 20W charging adaptor from the day I purchased. As of my knowledge the chance of hardware damage is 0.

If I update my device to the latest ios version via iTunes means everything will start working properly again. After few days the same issue will occur again. I don't understand how this can be a hardware issue for this many specific users.

https://ask.irobinpro.com/t/my-iphone-11-wi-fi-bluetooth-and-personal-hotspot-greyed-out-how-can-i-solve-this-updated-16-6/1472

IPhone 12 wifi and Bluetooth don’t work. … - Apple Community

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2023 2:24 AM in response to Alancito

Model - IPhone 12 mini

Purchased - Oct 2021

I got this issue After updating to my device from 16.1 to 16.4 on March 2023

Many People reported the same issue in this community itself I will add the screenshots and link.

But Apple is always blaming the users and asking the users to replace the device

They don't have an option to find the root cause of the issue. I too haven't got any proper answer the apple support as well. My phone is free from physical damage and water lock and also I'm using the apple 20W charging adaptor from the day I purchased. As of my knowledge the chance of hardware damage is 0.

If I update my device to the latest ios version via iTunes means everything will start working properly again. After few days the same issue will occur again. I don't understand how this can be a hardware issue for this many specific users.

https://ask.irobinpro.com/t/my-iphone-11-wi-fi-bluetooth-and-personal-hotspot-greyed-out-how-can-i-solve-this-updated-16-6/1472

IPhone 12 wifi and Bluetooth don’t work. … - Apple Community

Aug 1, 2023 7:59 AM in response to georgesia

Hello georgesia,

It sounds like you've done everything you can do to solve this issue with the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth being dimmed out on your iPhone. At this point, we'd bring it in for an inspection: iPhone Repair & Service

Check your coverage here: Check Device Coverage

Select on Service here to find a location: Find Locations

Get prepared for your visit: Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service

Wishing you safe travels.

Take care.

Oct 31, 2023 12:34 PM in response to Zenthezekrom

I had to get a new phone. I called apple support line at 800-676-2775 and they couldn’t log into my phone, but they had me do the diagnostic test. The result was the WiFi and Bluetooth were shot on the backboard. I had to pay for a new phone under my AT&T insurance or pay apple 500.00 to fix it at the store. Either way it was costing me money.

Aug 27, 2023 7:26 PM in response to georgesia

Here's some tips to diy:

1. First backup your device.

2. Remove iCloud.

4. Boot in recovery mode.

5. Update in iTunes or any 3rd party app

6. Use it as a new iPhone.

7. Or get back your iCloud ID and enjoy wifi.

Take note: if wifi doesn't fix by software, it can easily fix by hardware, just visit any Apple Certified Technician and enjoy 😉

Sep 3, 2023 2:48 AM in response to gowtham37

gowtham37 wrote: "Model - IPhone 12 mini Purchased - Oct 2021 (...) I don't understand how this can be a hardware issue for this many specific users."

gowtham ~ When the issue occurs on an old model iPhone such as iPhone 12 mini, it can be a hardware issue if it still has its original battery – due to aging and recharging cycles. Your iPhone 12 mini is 2 years old, so it's reasonable to ask:

Does it still have its original battery?

And what's the Maximum Capacity % here?...

Settings > Battery > Battery Health & Charging

õ¿õ¬

Dec 30, 2023 8:38 AM in response to georgesia

Hello,

My iPhone 12 also had the WiFi and Bluetooth greyed out. I scheduled a repair appointment at Apple Store for assistance with inability to connect to WiFi. They required an Apple diagnosis of my phone prior to the appointment. They ran the diagnostic test. After completion, I shut the phone off, waited a few minutes, then turned phone back on. The WiFi and Bluetooth are now working. I canceled my Apple appointment. Hope this helps!

WIFI AND BLUTOOTH GRAY OUT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.