siri is not working when riding motor bike

Hi,

I would like to use Siri when riding my motor bike since I have a communication system in my helmet. Unfortunately Siri is completely useless when riding a motor bike because whenever I ask something I get the answer "you need to unlock your iPhone first". Obviously it is not possible (and would also not be safe) to unlock your iPhone while riding a motor bike.

Is there any way this can be changed or improved because in my opinion that is the purpose of Siri to ask her to do something when you are not able access your phone.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,

Thomas

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 9:42 AM

Hi Thomas. You just have to adjust your settings to make it possible for Siri to respond if the iPhone is locked. You can find full instructions in the link below. I’ve copied the pertinent part for you.

If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone - Apple Support

Check if "Hey Siri" is turned on

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap Siri & Search.
  3. From here, make sure the following settings are turned on:
    • Listen for "Hey Siri"
    • Allow Siri When Locked

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2023 9:42 AM in response to Thomas.Sc

Hi Thomas. You just have to adjust your settings to make it possible for Siri to respond if the iPhone is locked. You can find full instructions in the link below. I’ve copied the pertinent part for you.

If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone - Apple Support

Check if "Hey Siri" is turned on

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap Siri & Search.
  3. From here, make sure the following settings are turned on:
    • Listen for "Hey Siri"
    • Allow Siri When Locked

Aug 12, 2023 12:52 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Hi,

I have now tried and really experimented with all the above settings suggestions but nothing helps, this is just hopeless.

It is not even possible to start a navigation, I always get the answer "you need to unlock your iPhone first"...... if let's say I will stop, take my phone out and unlock it but as soon as I put in back in my pocket it is locked again so as mentioned above in my opinion Siri is totally useless, sorry.

Is there really no way to make this work?

Regards,

Thomas

Sep 27, 2023 10:57 PM in response to Mark, in Arizona

Unfortunately nobody is responding here anymore so I guess one will have to live with this that Siri cannot be used on a bike.

I am actually wondering what the whole point of Siri is, I am not using her much when I have access to my phone because normally its much easier and faster to do stuff yourself so I would think the point of such an assistant is when you don't have access to your phone.

siri is not working when riding motor bike

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.