iCloud Photos not in Photos on my MacBook

All of my iPhone (iPhone 11, iOS 16.1.2) photos and videos are in my iCloud Photos, but they do not appear in Photos on my MacBook Pro (late 2011, MacOS 10.13.6) automatically. The only way I've been able to get them since Photo Stream was stopped is to export them from iCloud and import them to Photos; very inconvenient. What can I do to have photos appear in Photos on my Mac without my intervention?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 10:15 AM

4 replies

Aug 1, 2023 7:47 AM in response to mulberry58

Thank you for the information. I didn't have the situation until Photo Stream was ended, and I've never selected iCloud Photo Library because I will require 2TB of iCloud storage for all of the photos on my MacBook (in Photos and iPhotos, which predated iCloud) to be uploaded to iCloud and I really don't want to pay another $7 month for capability I've had up until now. I have all of the photos and videos I've taken until June 26 on Photos and iPhotos. I just want to continue to "receive" my new photos without having to go through extra steps or paying any more money. One "easier" solution is connecting my iPhone to my MacBook and importing all new items; I'll need to make it a weekly habit.

iCloud Photos not in Photos on my MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.