Unsafe website on my iPhone

I was trying to watch a movie online. When I clicked on the movie I got teleported to another very suspicious website it said that it was some phone cleaning app and that I have to download one file, it said that this is available only in my country. I tried to go back by pressing back button but it kept saying “ thanks for downloading” am I getting hacked? I deleted my search history by hoping to get things better.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 1:31 PM

No, you are not getting hacked. Close the offending page and avoid (such as free movie) sites that are involved in such bogus advertising tactics.

Phony "tech support" / "ransomware" popup… - Apple Community

Similar questions

4 replies

Jul 31, 2023 2:18 PM in response to stedman1

Thank you for the answer! I was really freaking out, because heard a lot of about getting hacked by opening suspicious websites. I scrolled down of that website and in small font it said that the app cost 7 dollars per person and they have to be at least 18 and it’s only available in my country users. And there was a phone number and a company location, but the location wasn’t even in my country. It said Hong Kong

Unsafe website on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.