Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

iPhone Backup Issue

I have been unable to backup my phone since November of 2022. It states I do not have enough ICloud storage, but I have about 50GB of storage left on my phone. The backup only needs 38GB, so I do not understand why my phone will not backup. Can anyone help? I have already deleted all my photos and uploaded them to Google photos and deleted downloads, so I have plenty of storage.

iPhone 5c

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 2:39 PM

Melissakilliann wrote:

It states I do not have enough ICloud storage, but I have about 50GB of storage left on my phone.

Perhaps you are not aware of the difference between iCloud storage (which you’re lacking) and iPhone storage (which is available).

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2023 2:39 PM in response to Melissakilliann

Melissakilliann wrote:

It states I do not have enough ICloud storage, but I have about 50GB of storage left on my phone.

Perhaps you are not aware of the difference between iCloud storage (which you’re lacking) and iPhone storage (which is available).

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

iPhone Backup Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.