Final Cut Pro stuck at Loading Plugins

Hey guys hope you are doing good today, 👋

I have a big issue right now and hope someone could help me out. ⚠️

I've got a video edit to finish today and the deadline is already crossed... ⏳

I was applying the Green Screen Keyer effect to a green screen clip, 🟢

And it didn't worked so I was messing around with the settings of the effect but with no luck. ⚙️

So I decided to close the app which got myself with a not responding FCP. 🫥

However with the magic power of Force Quitting I managed to close it. 🧙‍♂️

Now the real issue is that whenever I open FCP it's stuck on "Loading Plugins". 🥶

I tried removing plugins, opening a backup library, restarting my MacBook and reinstalling FCP... 📋

All with no success. 🤯

Looking forward to your suggestions, thanks in advance guys ! 🙏

MacBook Pro 16″

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 5:08 PM

Whenever FCP crashes or starts acting strangely an easy thing to try is resetting the preferences. Hold Option and Command while launching FCP and choose Delete Preferences. It will open the default Untitled library. Re-open the library you were working on, set the Preferences back to the way you like them (disable background rendering, reset Import to Leave Files in Place, etc.) and see if the issue has been resolved.

Similar questions

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2023 5:08 PM in response to seblalayan

Whenever FCP crashes or starts acting strangely an easy thing to try is resetting the preferences. Hold Option and Command while launching FCP and choose Delete Preferences. It will open the default Untitled library. Re-open the library you were working on, set the Preferences back to the way you like them (disable background rendering, reset Import to Leave Files in Place, etc.) and see if the issue has been resolved.

Nov 18, 2023 10:04 AM in response to terryb

Hey terryb. I'm in the same shoes as OP here, but this did not resolve the issue. At the moment, FCP will load all projects, aside from the one using the plugin mroto from MotionVFX. My activity monitor is saying that plugin is using 2+GB of memory as it attempts to load, while FCP sits at around 1.5GB. I'm on an M1 with 64Gb memory, so I'm lost as to where it's being bogged down or held up with loading these. It sits there indicating "Loading mrotoai".

Nov 18, 2023 11:09 AM in response to mas9017

@mas9017 There is a a post on fcp.cafe quoting a xwitter message from mVFX about their products on Sonoma:

⚠️ On another note, If you're having issues with our products on macOS Sonoma (mainly red screen in FCP), please make sure to update mInstaller (3.0.2 version) 🚀Only once that's done, uninstall the product and install it again (don't use the "repair" option this time) 😉

Final Cut Pro stuck at Loading Plugins

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.