Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

When I call my mom it goes straight to voicemail. But can call me

When I try to call my mom it goes straight to voicemail. But she can call me

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 7:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 8:08 PM

It's her phone settings. (if not consistent, then it could be cell service issues-- overloaded --weak signal--)

Be aware that it just might be on purpose --- some people actually prefer to return calls that have left messages and turn off the phone as an easy way to handle/control the phone.

If you have ever been plagued by calls, texts, politicians, charities, assorted whatevers of dubious acceptability all hours of the day and night --- and tried to contain it the ever changing IOS settings ---- then you can understand that approach.

You could also offer tech assistance in her settings, **if** she is comfortable with that.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2023 8:08 PM in response to sabra258

It's her phone settings. (if not consistent, then it could be cell service issues-- overloaded --weak signal--)

Be aware that it just might be on purpose --- some people actually prefer to return calls that have left messages and turn off the phone as an easy way to handle/control the phone.

If you have ever been plagued by calls, texts, politicians, charities, assorted whatevers of dubious acceptability all hours of the day and night --- and tried to contain it the ever changing IOS settings ---- then you can understand that approach.

You could also offer tech assistance in her settings, **if** she is comfortable with that.

When I call my mom it goes straight to voicemail. But can call me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.