Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

I suddenly lost my inbox mails

While emptying the trash from my Gmail account I somehow lost all the mail in my inbox and it became totally empty. Please help me how to restore my lost inbox mails

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 10:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 10:33 PM

Losing all the emails from your iOS inbox can be concerning, but there are a few steps you can take to try to restore them. Please follow these troubleshooting steps:

Check Gmail Account on Web:

• Go to the Gmail website on your computer (www.gmail.com) and log in with the same account credentials you use on your iOS device.
  • Once logged in, check if your emails are still present in the web interface. If they are there, it means the emails are still in your Gmail account.

Verify Gmail Settings on iOS Device:

• Open the "Settings" app on your iOS device.
  • Scroll down and tap on "Mail" or "Mail, Contacts, Calendars," depending on your iOS version.
  • Tap on your Gmail account.
  • Ensure that the "Mail" option is enabled. If it's already enabled, try disabling and re-enabling it.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2023 10:33 PM in response to asmalik

Losing all the emails from your iOS inbox can be concerning, but there are a few steps you can take to try to restore them. Please follow these troubleshooting steps:

Check Gmail Account on Web:

• Go to the Gmail website on your computer (www.gmail.com) and log in with the same account credentials you use on your iOS device.
  • Once logged in, check if your emails are still present in the web interface. If they are there, it means the emails are still in your Gmail account.

Verify Gmail Settings on iOS Device:

• Open the "Settings" app on your iOS device.
  • Scroll down and tap on "Mail" or "Mail, Contacts, Calendars," depending on your iOS version.
  • Tap on your Gmail account.
  • Ensure that the "Mail" option is enabled. If it's already enabled, try disabling and re-enabling it.

I suddenly lost my inbox mails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.