Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Using HomePod w Apple TV

Can I use only one HomePod with my Apple TV? I’ve been wanting to get an Apple TV for the past few months, and I’m wondering if I one HomePod will work with it. Can anyone help?

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 2:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 10:43 PM

Yes one will work. If you get an Apple tv 4K you can set the HomePod as default audio. There are 3 models of the 4k, the second and third generation can be plugged in via ARC HDMI port (if your tv has this port) and this will also allow you to use it for all tv audio output. I’d advise getting the most recent model if you can, so it supports the latest features that get released in subsequent tvOS updates. I’m sure you’ll enjoy the sound and can decide later if you want another HomePod to stereo pair. (You must have the same model of HomePods to stereo pair).

Sone info: Use Apple TV to play audio throughout your home - Apple Support

Set up home theater audio with HomePod or HomePod mini and Apple TV 4K - Apple Support

Use HDMI ARC or eARC with your Apple TV 4K - Apple Support

Set up a HomePod stereo pair - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2023 10:43 PM in response to kale_chipssss

Yes one will work. If you get an Apple tv 4K you can set the HomePod as default audio. There are 3 models of the 4k, the second and third generation can be plugged in via ARC HDMI port (if your tv has this port) and this will also allow you to use it for all tv audio output. I’d advise getting the most recent model if you can, so it supports the latest features that get released in subsequent tvOS updates. I’m sure you’ll enjoy the sound and can decide later if you want another HomePod to stereo pair. (You must have the same model of HomePods to stereo pair).

Sone info: Use Apple TV to play audio throughout your home - Apple Support

Set up home theater audio with HomePod or HomePod mini and Apple TV 4K - Apple Support

Use HDMI ARC or eARC with your Apple TV 4K - Apple Support

Set up a HomePod stereo pair - Apple Support

Using HomePod w Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.