Can I lock cell borders?

I have made a template for my home inspection templates that allows me to paste photos into cells, 6 on a page, with a smaller cell beneath each to add in comments. The borders are a combination of 1px and 2px lines. Sometimes I want to re-order the pictures for clarity but when I grab one and move it, it will take a 2px line with it and turn it back to 1px.

It's a little thing but it looks terrible when I export these to pdf format. Is there a way to fix the grid in place but still be able to move pics and edit the text? I tried using the "lock" function but it doesn't allow any editing.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 13.4

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 7:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 7:49 AM

There is no locking of table cell borders. Alternatively, there are two other choices for image layout without the PITA of a table.

1. Use the Image Gallery feature of the Media tool to simplify image layout
  2. Define six Media Placeholders so you can just drag and drop different images into the placeholders and the images will automatically scale to fill the placeholder size.

Using option 2, individual placeholder media items with no table and aligned to document border.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2023 7:49 AM in response to Marcus_Barcus

There is no locking of table cell borders. Alternatively, there are two other choices for image layout without the PITA of a table.

1. Use the Image Gallery feature of the Media tool to simplify image layout
  2. Define six Media Placeholders so you can just drag and drop different images into the placeholders and the images will automatically scale to fill the placeholder size.

Using option 2, individual placeholder media items with no table and aligned to document border.

Can I lock cell borders?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.