Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On PAGES, IS THERE A WAY I CAN RESIZE IMAGINES INSIDE A CELL?

Hello and thank you in advance Everyone, I haven't used PAGES in a long time and I feel it's my first time, and it's now when I'm working on a document, when I'm facing a very particular problem, I need to adjust the size of images inserted into a cell and I cannot find a way to do it freely, you know, like dragging the corners of a particular image, I noted that you can do it outside the table, I will really appreciate any suggestions.

[Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 7:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 4:57 AM

Whether you drag and drop an image into a cell, or use the Cell tab to Image Fill an image, the image becomes a background image and is not selectable for resizing. If you chose Scale to Fit in the Image Fill, then changing your row height, or column width will automatically scale the image larger or smaller.

What you might try is to drop the image into your document (not your table), and from the Arrange panel, set Text Wrap to None. Now you can scale the image, and move it under your existing table (click the table to make it foreground) to assess if the image is the right size for its table cell destination. Once you are satisfied, you can then drag/drop that image into the destination table cell as its background image, and verify that in the Cell tab, that Image Fill Scale to fit is set.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2019 4:57 AM in response to imd_design

Whether you drag and drop an image into a cell, or use the Cell tab to Image Fill an image, the image becomes a background image and is not selectable for resizing. If you chose Scale to Fit in the Image Fill, then changing your row height, or column width will automatically scale the image larger or smaller.

What you might try is to drop the image into your document (not your table), and from the Arrange panel, set Text Wrap to None. Now you can scale the image, and move it under your existing table (click the table to make it foreground) to assess if the image is the right size for its table cell destination. Once you are satisfied, you can then drag/drop that image into the destination table cell as its background image, and verify that in the Cell tab, that Image Fill Scale to fit is set.

On PAGES, IS THERE A WAY I CAN RESIZE IMAGINES INSIDE A CELL?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.