Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages won't allow image resize below a certain size

I saw a similar question answered from 2019, but the solution isn't working. I just started using Pages and imported a JPEG into a new document. It came in larger (6x6 inches) than I wanted. I clicked on the image, got the white resize handles, shift-clicked on a corner (to preserve proportions) and dragged inward until the resize "hit a wall" (at about 3x3 inches). No matter what I do, I can't resize it smaller. Taking advice from the earlier thread, in the Arrange pane, I've set Text Wrap to none. Also, I can't input any smaller size either by using the up-down arrows in the Size area, or manually inputting a number. The image is unlocked. I am stumped.

(I suppose I can experiment with making the source image itself smaller, but I'd think that kind of defeats the purpose, especially where there are many images and the resizing is different for each one.)

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 12, 2022 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2022 1:18 PM

Hi Richard,

Regarding "PS - I don't know why it's saying I'm using OS 10.3. I'm on a 2020 iMac running Monterey 12.3.1 - FWIW."

It's saying that because that's what you told it to say by selecting those two items in the buttons above or below the box in which you wrote your question.

Regarding your question:

One way to reduce the size of an image smaller than allowed by what you've done so far is to take a screen shot of the reduced image, insert that image onto the page, and reduce that image using the same method as you've already done with the original.

You will lose some resolution doing this, and may want to take the screen shot using a larger screen image than the 3x3 inch minimum you've achieved.

Regards,

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2022 1:18 PM in response to Richard Pini

Hi Richard,

Regarding "PS - I don't know why it's saying I'm using OS 10.3. I'm on a 2020 iMac running Monterey 12.3.1 - FWIW."

It's saying that because that's what you told it to say by selecting those two items in the buttons above or below the box in which you wrote your question.

Regarding your question:

One way to reduce the size of an image smaller than allowed by what you've done so far is to take a screen shot of the reduced image, insert that image onto the page, and reduce that image using the same method as you've already done with the original.

You will lose some resolution doing this, and may want to take the screen shot using a larger screen image than the 3x3 inch minimum you've achieved.

Regards,

Barry

Pages won't allow image resize below a certain size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.