Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages resize image in header

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to resize this image in pages…

The little resize bars do not work… Exporting it much smaller pixels does not work… I tried making a tiny version and that actually ends up very blurry!?

When I select arrange in the right column and resize… It changes the column size along with the picture…

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 1:20 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Dec 18, 2021 8:02 PM in response to bsurfm

That makes sense! Is there a way to put an image I CAN resize in that cell?

Yes, but…

You cannot resize that cell without changing the height of the row containing that cell and changing the width of the column holding that cell.

You can, though, create a new single cell table, and paste the image into that cell.

You can then resize that single cell and place that table in front of one or more empty cells of your main table.

OR you can place the image on the sheet, resize it as needed, then move it to sit in front of or behind one or more cells on the main table.

Not an ideal solution, though as it requires maintenance if you need flexibility in the sizes of the covered cells columns or tows.

Regards,

Barry

Dec 18, 2021 10:24 PM in response to Barry

Another possibility.

This one involves something I do not usually suggest due to difficulties they cause in sorting a table—merged cells.

In the example below, cells C2 to D9 of the table were merged into a single cell.

Then the image was pasted into that single cell, where it becomes 'image fill' of the cell. Sizing of the image needs to be set prior to deciding which cells of the table need to be merged.

Regards,

Barry

Pages resize image in header

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.