Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do images in Pages get cropped when I move them?

I actually have two questions that I think may be related.

First, if I insert an image in Pages, then move that image, the image is sometimes cropped. It's as if moving an image erases portions of it.

So how can I make sure an image stays intact when I move it?

Second question: When I click on an image and select "Move with text," it often does NOT move with text. I'm not sure if this is related to the first problem or not. I have the perception that images that 1) span the page and 2) get cropped when I move them are more likely to stay glued in position when I move the text that surrounds them.

In summary, I don't have a clue what's going on.

Thanks for any tips.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 6:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 7:15 AM

Images will clip from the edge that is dragged past the document boundary. If you insert an image that is too large to fit within the document boundaries, the first sentence is in effect, and you may need to visit the Arrange panel and after selecting Constrain proportions, and clicking original size, then change the Size settings to fit that document within the document boundary.

If you have a Text box, or Shape and wish to style it with an image fill, your only reasonable options are: scale to fill, scale to fit, and maybe Stretch, as all other choices will crop the image.

With respect to Move with Text, change your choice of Text Wrap on the Arrange panel to achieve the text/image interaction that you prefer. The default setting of Automatic may work against your goal.

Pages User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2022 7:15 AM in response to AppleOso

Images will clip from the edge that is dragged past the document boundary. If you insert an image that is too large to fit within the document boundaries, the first sentence is in effect, and you may need to visit the Arrange panel and after selecting Constrain proportions, and clicking original size, then change the Size settings to fit that document within the document boundary.

If you have a Text box, or Shape and wish to style it with an image fill, your only reasonable options are: scale to fill, scale to fit, and maybe Stretch, as all other choices will crop the image.

With respect to Move with Text, change your choice of Text Wrap on the Arrange panel to achieve the text/image interaction that you prefer. The default setting of Automatic may work against your goal.

Pages User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Why do images in Pages get cropped when I move them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.