icloud photos synching across devices with different apple ids

Hello, a few weeks ago I let my partner borrow my ipad for personal use. I logged out of my apple id and let them log into theirs on my ipad, and photos from my ipad as well as my iphone began synching to their iphone. We have different apple ids and i am unsure how to stop my icloud photos from synching to their camera roll.

Windows

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 8:13 AM

As they logged into their Apple ID on your iPad, any data on the iPad then synced with their iCloud account. iPads do not support multiple user accounts. If they delete photos from the iPad, they will delete everywhere. If they remain logged into the iPad and delete photos from another device into which r they are signed in, the photos will delete. You need to have them log out of your iPad then you can log back in and delete the content that isn’t yours. They can then do the same in their account

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2023 8:13 AM in response to mschneider3

As they logged into their Apple ID on your iPad, any data on the iPad then synced with their iCloud account. iPads do not support multiple user accounts. If they delete photos from the iPad, they will delete everywhere. If they remain logged into the iPad and delete photos from another device into which r they are signed in, the photos will delete. You need to have them log out of your iPad then you can log back in and delete the content that isn’t yours. They can then do the same in their account

icloud photos synching across devices with different apple ids

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.