Invalid Serial Number

I am trying to enter my serial number to access my trade-in value for my MacBook Pro 2015, but for some reason my serial number isn't working and when I access the support portal they said to swap the 'o' with '0'.

Although my serial number already has the '0' I tried re-typing it in and still there have been some difficulty accessing it.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 6:30 AM

That image may be found in Apple menu -> About This Mac, where Apple menu is the Apple logo in the upper left corner of the screen. If you don't see a menu, hit the Esc key on the upper left corner to reveal the Mac menubar. The menubar is invisible during recovery mode and a full install or boot and login must be made to get the Apple menu to show.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2023 6:30 AM in response to PRP_53

That image may be found in Apple menu -> About This Mac, where Apple menu is the Apple logo in the upper left corner of the screen. If you don't see a menu, hit the Esc key on the upper left corner to reveal the Mac menubar. The menubar is invisible during recovery mode and a full install or boot and login must be made to get the Apple menu to show.

Invalid Serial Number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.