Is there a way to delete multiple pages (thumbnails)?

I set up a template document for home inspections with many blank pages with pre-formatted tables in to drop images into and write text descriptions. Sometimes the report will be much shorter and I need to remove several of these pages.

In an older version of Pages I was able to select multiple thumbnails over on the left and then delete them, easy peasy. Now I have to select one, hit delete, and do that over and over.

Not the end of the world, but Is there a way to select multiple thumbnails to speed up this process?

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 13.4

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 5:25 AM

If your Pages document is a page layout design (not the default word processing choice), then you can select one or n-tuple thumbnails and delete them. If you try this in a word processing document, you will whack all of the document contents. If you attempt to use File menu : Convert to Page Layout on a word processing document, you will wipe the existing content, just as the preceding sentence.

Intro to word-processing and page layout documents in Pages on Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2023 5:25 AM in response to Marcus_Barcus

If your Pages document is a page layout design (not the default word processing choice), then you can select one or n-tuple thumbnails and delete them. If you try this in a word processing document, you will whack all of the document contents. If you attempt to use File menu : Convert to Page Layout on a word processing document, you will wipe the existing content, just as the preceding sentence.

Intro to word-processing and page layout documents in Pages on Mac - Apple Support

Is there a way to delete multiple pages (thumbnails)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.