Pics on top of messages page

There are a few pics at top of messages page so I can tap the pic & go to my messages w/ them. One is now missing. How do I get it back?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 5:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 5:55 PM

Hello Godisgold!

If you mean the “big pictures” at the very top in messages, these are called “Pinned Contacts” or “Pinned Conversations” or something along those lines. It doesn’t have an official name. What’s important to remember, is whatever is “up there”, is PINNED.

So if you want someone else up there, look for their conversation in Messages. Now, long-hold the conversation. (Do not long-hold the contact picture! Just the conversation.) A page will pop up, showing the conversation and a list of options. Tap “Pin”.

Now, you will notice the person is “at the top” again.

Apple’s instructions to do this can be found in this Support Article: Use Messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you are confused in any way, or need clarification, please do not hesitate to reach out.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2023 5:55 PM in response to Godisgold

Hello Godisgold!

If you mean the “big pictures” at the very top in messages, these are called “Pinned Contacts” or “Pinned Conversations” or something along those lines. It doesn’t have an official name. What’s important to remember, is whatever is “up there”, is PINNED.

So if you want someone else up there, look for their conversation in Messages. Now, long-hold the conversation. (Do not long-hold the contact picture! Just the conversation.) A page will pop up, showing the conversation and a list of options. Tap “Pin”.

Now, you will notice the person is “at the top” again.

Apple’s instructions to do this can be found in this Support Article: Use Messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you are confused in any way, or need clarification, please do not hesitate to reach out.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

Pics on top of messages page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.