Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Chipped corner of Ipad

My iPad fell from a low heigh and still chipped on the corner as the Magic Keyboard case does not protect it. I have AppleCare+ and was wondering if I could get my iPad fixed. If yes, how long would it take and would there be an extra fee? Bear in mind I’m in London, UK, so rules might be different in America.

This IPad is for school and I can’t risk it chipping every two seconds after I paid so much for it.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 1:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 2:05 AM

You should contact the official Apple Support about that, have a look at the links on this Apple page:

iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

Or give them a call:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

You will have to pay an Apple Care+ fee for the accidental damage:

AppleCare+ also provides coverage for accidental damage from handling for your iPad, Apple Pencil, or Smart Keyboard, and each incident is subject to a service fee. Your AppleCare+ benefits also include Express Replacement Service.

copied from: iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2023 2:05 AM in response to isy177

You should contact the official Apple Support about that, have a look at the links on this Apple page:

iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

Or give them a call:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

You will have to pay an Apple Care+ fee for the accidental damage:

AppleCare+ also provides coverage for accidental damage from handling for your iPad, Apple Pencil, or Smart Keyboard, and each incident is subject to a service fee. Your AppleCare+ benefits also include Express Replacement Service.

copied from: iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

Aug 2, 2023 3:35 AM in response to isy177

As you have an active AppleCare+ plan, your iPad is covered for accidental damage. Whether of not minor cosmetic damage is worthwhile and cost effective to consider making claim against your AppleCare policy can only be determined by you.

Your UK AppleCare plan offers express replacement. All claims are subject to an administrative fee. You should note that your own iPad will not be repaired and returned to you. Instead, the iPad will be exchanged for a renewed/reconditioned iPad of the same model and specification; the cost (in this case, the AppleCare fee) is the same.

Details of your UK AppleCare Policy - and information as to how to make a claim - are outlined here:

Legal - AppleCare+ - Apple

If you anticipate further damage occurring, you might be well advised to consider an appropriate additional case for your iPad and Magic Keyboard.

Chipped corner of Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.