Good morning why am constantly being asked to purchase storage this is a new phone

I am deleting messages and pictures and I still don’t have enough storage, I am paying 99 cent extra a month what is that for

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 4:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 4:28 AM

Please read this support article:--> What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage?

Assuming you're using iCloud to backup or sync your device's content, you might need to upgrade that storage, as per these instructions:--> Upgrade to iCloud+ and/or:--> iCloud+ plans and pricing

Regards

Giulio

4 replies

Aug 2, 2023 4:37 AM in response to wezzylou

iCloud+ - Apple

iCloud storage on Apple's servers that you can use to share content between multiple devices – especially Apple devices. It lets you sync things like

• Calendar events
  • Contacts
  • Notes
  • Photos

It also provides a place to do backups of some of the settings on your iPhone, and a shared network drive called iCloud Drive.

You get 5 GB of iCloud storage for free, but if you are using iCloud Photos (to sync photos and videos and to save them in the cloud), you can go over that 5 GB pretty quickly. The 50 GB iCloud+ plan costs $0.99/month and this would seem to be what you have signed up for.

Note that paying for iCloud storage does not increase the amount of local storage in your phone. The amount of local, internal storage is fixed – whatever you bought is what the iPhone will have forever. If you are using iCloud Photos, you can give the iPhone permission to Optimize Storage (to start substituting low-resolution local copies of photos for some full-resolution copies) when it starts to run out of space, but I don't know how well this works in practice.

Aug 2, 2023 4:51 AM in response to iagastya

iagastya wrote:

sadly, can't stop this Push notification! every user gets this once a day, doesn't matter if their phone memory is full or not. When you icloud storage is full or about to get full, this starts happening. I've a 256gb iPhone 8 Plus and inspite of 100+ GB free space, I keep getting those pop-ups or red circular signs hovering over under my name banner on settings menu.

So, You can not stop these. its kind of an Advertisement of Apple for icloud storage.

If you have plenty of free local storage on the phone, and plenty of free iCloud storage, I would suggest being extremely suspicious of those messages from "Apple".

They may be phishing messages (e-mails, Web site notifications, etc.) from criminals, using Apple's name, or iCloud's name, which criminals sent in the hopes that you will click on their link, the better to be scammed.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

This Apple Community post is about stopping unwanted notifications on a Mac – but the illustrations in it show how scammers will try to fool you with something that looks like it's coming from your device.

Stop unwanted Notifications - Apple Community

Aug 2, 2023 4:41 AM in response to wezzylou

sadly, can't stop this Push notification! every user gets this once a day, doesn't matter if their phone memory is full or not. When you icloud storage is full or about to get full, this starts happening. I've a 256gb iPhone 8 Plus and inspite of 100+ GB free space, I keep getting those pop-ups or red circular signs hovering over under my name banner on settings menu.

So, You can not stop these. its kind of an Advertisement of Apple for icloud storage.

Good morning why am constantly being asked to purchase storage this is a new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.