Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Autofilling Credentials in the Pop-up WiFi LogIn Window

Whenever I use the internet at university, my MacBook should automatically connect and fill in your login details. But every time, when a pop-up window appears asking for my login credentials, my Mac doesn't fill them in automatically. It means I have to type in my details every time I want to access the internet, which is often frustrating. Despite that, Safari is autofilling my login information on the same website, but it doesn't work for the pop-up window. As a result, I have to copy and paste my details every time, which is a hassle. The university's Wifi network also logs me out after a certain period of inactivity, which makes it even more inconvenient. What else I have to do to make keychain feature work on pop-up windows?

Pictures are for reference.

Picture of Safari giving option to fill my credentials from keychain.

But the pop-up window is not showing any way to fill it by using keychain.

MacBook Air, macOS 13.4

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 6:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 7:42 AM

Are ALL the options is Safari >> Setting >> Autofill enabled ?

If all the Credentials have been save in Safari >> Setting >> Autofill they should appear in " Passwords " of Safari

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 6, 2023 2:11 PM in response to theShubhamSingh

As you've experienced with other sites you should have gotten a popup message asking if you want to save the password for that particular site.

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE 1: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

NOTE 2: if you have a wireless keyboard with rechargeable batteries connect it with its charging cable before booting into Safe Mode. This makes it act as a wired keyboard as will insure a successful boot into Safe Mode.

Addendum: are you using a VPN to access your school? If so, that may be interfering with Keychain.

Autofilling Credentials in the Pop-up WiFi LogIn Window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.