Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Remove user from AppleTV for good

I have 5 Appletv’s throughout my house and somehow my girlfriend at the time ended up as a user listed on all TV’s. I believe her Apple ID is associated with the Apple Store because every time I try to download a new app, it asks for her Apple ID/password even though I’m the main person on the TV. I try to remove her but it just ends up appearing again. Can anybody help on how to remove her for good?

Master Bedroom

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 8:04 AM

As far as I know, that shouldn’t happen. Quite puzzling.

You can be very thorough, and rest the device to factory setting (blank OS only), and then set up again. That would surely get rid of any residual presence of former users. Reset or restore your Apple TV to its factory settings - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2023 8:04 AM in response to Mb9479

As far as I know, that shouldn’t happen. Quite puzzling.

You can be very thorough, and rest the device to factory setting (blank OS only), and then set up again. That would surely get rid of any residual presence of former users. Reset or restore your Apple TV to its factory settings - Apple Support

Remove user from AppleTV for good

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.