AirTag Beeping alerts thief

I don't know how to get a message to the Apple people responsible for the AirTag so I'm posting it here.

While I was on a road trip the bag with my laptop was stolen. When I discovered it was gone I went into the FindMe app, which showed me on a map where it was - so I thought. But it turned out the thief had found the airtag - likely because it started beeping, which I understand they're programmed to do to alert passers-by to the presence of a lost item. The thief removed the airtag and threw it into an empty field. I had hidden the AirTag well inside the bag, so if it hadn't beeped the thief likely wouldn't have found it so soon, if at all.

I wish Apple would include programming to make it possible for the owner turn off the instruction that makes the AirTag beep when it's no longer near the owner's iPhone.

I would prefer that my airtags do NOT beep when they're separated from me. If an item is stolen that has an airtag hidden somewhere in it, the beep will alert the thief and the thief will find the AirTag and remove it

AirTag

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 8:49 AM

Welcome!

I don't know how to get a message to the Apple people responsible for the AirTag so I'm posting it here.

Apple will not see you concern here among posts from an estimated 3 million end users. If you are content to notify Apple of the issue but not receive a response, use this Feedback link:

Feedback - AirTag - Apple

That reaches an Apple employee.

Otherwise, the best action is a well-written business letter to Apple HQ:

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2023 8:49 AM in response to carljs27

Welcome!

Apple will not see you concern here among posts from an estimated 3 million end users. If you are content to notify Apple of the issue but not receive a response, use this Feedback link:

Feedback - AirTag - Apple

That reaches an Apple employee.

Otherwise, the best action is a well-written business letter to Apple HQ:

AirTag Beeping alerts thief

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.