You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone and iPad mail app cannot load yahoo email

I normally use iPhone/iPad Mail app to check my gmail and yahoo email. It happened since today that yahoo email cannot load to MAIL but gmail is ok. Please advise what is going on?

Everything is ok if I use web ver or yahoo own email app. But just MAIL app doesn't work with yahoo email suddenly.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 2:12 PM

8 replies

Aug 2, 2023 3:27 PM in response to KeisLee

Hi! Try signing out of your Yahoo Mail account and adding it again:

1. Open Settings
  2. Navigate to Mail > Accounts > [name of Yahoo account] > Sign Out > Add Account

You can also ensure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS:

1. Open Settings
  2. Tap General > Software Update
  3. Install the update if one appears

I hope this helps!

Apr 16, 2024 1:27 PM in response to Seallbay

When I attempted this I selected Yahoo and signed in. But it just signed me into a browser based version of my yahoo account. The only options for proceeding seem to be clicking “Cancel” which cancels the auth request and sends me back to page where I select yahoo. Or closing the app which also takes me out of the sign in process. I have even tried adding the account through the settings app and then opening the mail app, but again it takes me to the mail carrier select page.

iPhone and iPad mail app cannot load yahoo email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.