Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My yahoo email

Why do I keep getting this message, contents not downloading from the server.

I have reinstalled the yahoo app but would prefer to use mail on my iPad…help please

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 3:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 3:42 AM

Delete the email account from your iPad, then force-restart the iPad before re-adding your Yahoo account to the Mail App.

Settings > Mail > Accounts > [Your email account] > Delete Account

Restart the iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Now re-add your Yahoo mail account to your iPad:

Settings > Mail > Accounts > Add Account

Be aware that in common with many other Mail providers, Yahoo now use App Passwords to secure access IMAP or POP3 mailboxes. If you haven’t done so already, you will likely need to generate an App-specific password from within the Yahoo account. To do so, you’ll need to access your Yahoo account using a web-browser. This App password will intentionally differ from your Yahoo account password - and can only be used to access your Yahoo mail.

More information can be found here:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2022 3:42 AM in response to 7sam9

Delete the email account from your iPad, then force-restart the iPad before re-adding your Yahoo account to the Mail App.

Settings > Mail > Accounts > [Your email account] > Delete Account

Restart the iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Now re-add your Yahoo mail account to your iPad:

Settings > Mail > Accounts > Add Account

Be aware that in common with many other Mail providers, Yahoo now use App Passwords to secure access IMAP or POP3 mailboxes. If you haven’t done so already, you will likely need to generate an App-specific password from within the Yahoo account. To do so, you’ll need to access your Yahoo account using a web-browser. This App password will intentionally differ from your Yahoo account password - and can only be used to access your Yahoo mail.

More information can be found here:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html

My yahoo email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.