Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Logic Pro x templates not working after 10.7.9 update

When I use a template made before the Logic 10.7.9 update, I get a single working track. Track 3.

Adding a new software instrument track results in a silent track, track 4, the track loads the instrument but it is silent, and there is no activity showing in the level meters.

When I attempt to play the instrument on selected track 4, track 3 plays instead.

When I select "New" from the file menu I get multitrack capability again, but not with templates.

Mac Pro Tower 3.5GHz

Mac OS Ventura 13.4.1

Logic Pro 10.7.9

Mac Pro

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 6:15 PM

I solved it. The 10.7.9 update caused the "Enable Performance Recording" button to be stuck in one mode.

I had to manually open the "Live Loops Grid" and toggle the "Enable Performance Recording" button

on and off a twice to get it unstuck. The key command for "Enable Performance Recording" button is

Control P, but the key command did not work, so I had to manually toggle it.

This condition affected most of my Logic projects that were saved before the 10.7.9 update

because most were made with the same template.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2023 6:15 PM in response to Charles Carr

I solved it. The 10.7.9 update caused the "Enable Performance Recording" button to be stuck in one mode.

I had to manually open the "Live Loops Grid" and toggle the "Enable Performance Recording" button

on and off a twice to get it unstuck. The key command for "Enable Performance Recording" button is

Control P, but the key command did not work, so I had to manually toggle it.

This condition affected most of my Logic projects that were saved before the 10.7.9 update

because most were made with the same template.

Logic Pro x templates not working after 10.7.9 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.