Apple TV connected to Ethernet but says no internet

Apple TV was working fine. It is connected via an Ethernet connection. It says now I don’t have internet no matter what App I try

steps taken:

restarted router / modem

restarted Apple TV

tried different HDMI cable

tried different Ethernet cable

no luck.

any ideas what else to try

software is up to date

nothing changed

thank you

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 7:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 2:20 AM

have you tried connecting something else to the cable?

a router can be setup to keep 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz and wired ethernet as separate networks,

and not all are guaranteed to be configured for internet access. one may have to change that and or bridge them in the router's configuration

if the other ethernet device works fine then if it was me then I would bring the appletv to a friend/ relative and test it on their network to verify if the ethernet port of the appletv is defect

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2023 2:20 AM in response to infogaby

have you tried connecting something else to the cable?

a router can be setup to keep 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz and wired ethernet as separate networks,

and not all are guaranteed to be configured for internet access. one may have to change that and or bridge them in the router's configuration

if the other ethernet device works fine then if it was me then I would bring the appletv to a friend/ relative and test it on their network to verify if the ethernet port of the appletv is defect

Apple TV connected to Ethernet but says no internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.