How to save all attachments on iPad using Mail app (iPadOS 16.6)

I have several emails with multiple pdf attachments. I want to save these to iCloud. I’ve followed previous advice on how to download all by long pressing one of the attachments but I there is no option to save all attachments. Has the advice changed?

Previous advice:

IPad how to download all attachments in a… - Apple Community

iPad Pro (3rd generation)

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 1:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 2:43 AM

Mail attachments are individually saved using the Mail Action Menu; simply touch-and-hold the attachment’s icon to expose the Action Menu, then select Save to Files. You can also directly drag-and-drop the attachment icon from the Mail to a folder in the Files App; unless you are well practiced, using split screen (with Mail and Files windows) might be the easiest method for this technique.

Drag-and-drop supports multi-select - and this may simplify saving multiple items in a single action. To use multi-select, touch and move the first attachment icon; a green “+” badge should appear. Without lifting you finger from the screen, tap on each additional attachment icon to add to the stack. When you have selected all the icons, drag the stack to the target folder.

The multi-tasking and multi-select tools enable considerable flexibility in selecting and moving items around the UI.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2023 2:43 AM in response to eden58

Mail attachments are individually saved using the Mail Action Menu; simply touch-and-hold the attachment’s icon to expose the Action Menu, then select Save to Files. You can also directly drag-and-drop the attachment icon from the Mail to a folder in the Files App; unless you are well practiced, using split screen (with Mail and Files windows) might be the easiest method for this technique.

Drag-and-drop supports multi-select - and this may simplify saving multiple items in a single action. To use multi-select, touch and move the first attachment icon; a green “+” badge should appear. Without lifting you finger from the screen, tap on each additional attachment icon to add to the stack. When you have selected all the icons, drag the stack to the target folder.

The multi-tasking and multi-select tools enable considerable flexibility in selecting and moving items around the UI.

How to save all attachments on iPad using Mail app (iPadOS 16.6)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.