Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

is it possible if owner of apple card is US citizen and co-owner is non-us citizen

I'm non immigrants who have work permit here and would like to apply for apple card. as checked criteria. either US citizen or have green card (which takes about 3 yrs) while my ex-finace', he have Apple card and he doesn't mind to make me as co-owner.

Not sure is this going to work ? currently I'm using credit card from BOA which for some reason, whenever they are blocked my card for fruad protection. They can't verify me and I HAVE TO go the bank EVERY TIME. which make me so frustrating and I dont want to use that card anymore.

so, i'm looking for alternative solution.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 7:08 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

Aug 3, 2023 7:33 AM in response to ComradeGaladriel

Make sure you understand the responsibilities of the co-owner. You’ll be a joint owner and will be responsible for the entire account should something happen to your friend. A co-owner can’t leave the account. If either co-owner leaves the account, then the account is permanently closed. But you’re still responsible for paying all the account.

>>What account owners and co-owners can do on a shared Apple Card

• They share full responsibility for the account balance and all payments, even if one account co-owner does not pay.
  • They can build credit together equally, which means that account owners and co-owners are each reported in their own name. Credit reporting includes positive and negative payment history, credit utilization, and additional information. Card usage and payment history might impact each account co-owners credit score differently because each individual's credit history will include information that's unique to them.
  • They can immediately use their shared Apple Card to receive unlimited Daily Cash back on their own transactions.
  • They can add or remove participants and order a titanium Apple Card for participants who are under 18 years old.
  • They can view participant activity and account co-owner activity.
  • They can set transaction limits for participants, lock a participant's ability to spend, and receive notifications on participants spending.
  • They can request a credit limit increase.
  • They can close the shared Apple Card account at any time, but are still responsible for paying any remaining balance.<<

Set up Apple Card Family and add a co-owner and participants - Apple Support

is it possible if owner of apple card is US citizen and co-owner is non-us citizen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.