Why does my battery die faster since last update ?

Since the last update, 16.5, my iPhone 13 battery dies SUPER fast. Apple trying to force me to buy a new phone. Scammers!

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 2:36 PM

Changes in software such as upgrades may introduce new features which may add to power drain and heat generation. Check the Battery Health feature to see if there are apps or services running that use a lot of power. If there are, decide if you need them running all the time or can turn off a service when an app is in the background. Read this support article to learn about the battery health feature —> iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2023 2:36 PM in response to UpsetCustomer9876

Changes in software such as upgrades may introduce new features which may add to power drain and heat generation. Check the Battery Health feature to see if there are apps or services running that use a lot of power. If there are, decide if you need them running all the time or can turn off a service when an app is in the background. Read this support article to learn about the battery health feature —> iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

Why does my battery die faster since last update ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.