How can I add an existing family member to my iCloud+ storage account

My family member is part of all other family sharing but isn’t attached to my iCloud+ storage account.

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 5:24 PM

To share your existing iCloud+ storage with family members, follow these steps:

1. **Open Settings:** Go to the "Settings" app on your iPhone.

2. **Tap on Your Name:** In the settings, tap on your name at the top of the screen to access your Apple ID settings.

3. **Family Sharing:** Select "Family Sharing" from the list of options.

4. **iCloud Storage:** Tap on "iCloud Storage" or "iCloud Storage & Backup," depending on your iOS version.

5. **Share with Family:** Under the "Share with Family" section, you should see your iCloud+ storage plan. Tap on it.

6. **Invite Family Members:** You'll see a list of family members who are part of your Family Sharing group. To share the storage with a family member, tap on their name and select "Share Storage." You can repeat this step for each family member you want to share the storage with.

7. **Confirm Sharing:** A confirmation message will appear, indicating that the storage has been shared with the selected family members.

Once you've completed these steps, your iCloud+ storage will be shared with the family members you've invited, and they'll have access to the additional storage space.

If you encounter any issues during this process or have any further questions, don't hesitate to reach out. I'm here to help!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2023 5:24 PM in response to penrosepj

To share your existing iCloud+ storage with family members, follow these steps:

1. **Open Settings:** Go to the "Settings" app on your iPhone.

2. **Tap on Your Name:** In the settings, tap on your name at the top of the screen to access your Apple ID settings.

3. **Family Sharing:** Select "Family Sharing" from the list of options.

4. **iCloud Storage:** Tap on "iCloud Storage" or "iCloud Storage & Backup," depending on your iOS version.

5. **Share with Family:** Under the "Share with Family" section, you should see your iCloud+ storage plan. Tap on it.

6. **Invite Family Members:** You'll see a list of family members who are part of your Family Sharing group. To share the storage with a family member, tap on their name and select "Share Storage." You can repeat this step for each family member you want to share the storage with.

7. **Confirm Sharing:** A confirmation message will appear, indicating that the storage has been shared with the selected family members.

Once you've completed these steps, your iCloud+ storage will be shared with the family members you've invited, and they'll have access to the additional storage space.

If you encounter any issues during this process or have any further questions, don't hesitate to reach out. I'm here to help!

How can I add an existing family member to my iCloud+ storage account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.